Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ed's Work

We had to zip up to Hanson one Saturday morning to Ed’s work. He had forgotten part of his uniform that he needed to do something with. He went up to his office and I began videoing the stairwell ‘cause there are pictures that show what Ed does at work at the Academy. He’s in a lot of them. He moved offices, not that I would have remembered where his last office was…..but I got lost wandering the halls…..i was starting to feel like I was in a scary movie and someone or something might pop out at me, or worse! I finally just started trying door knobs to see if anything was unlocked. I found one that was and YAY! It was where Ed was! Sooo, if ya ever wondered what Ed did or what his work looks like, here is just a tiny peek…….sorry about the glare on the photos……..He gets a new class just about every 2 months as the course runs for 7 weeks. He ran Sgts Course for the first year and some change he was at the Academy now he is at Career Course and is the SNCOIC there and has been for awhile. He just has a few more classes before we rotate. He’s excited! He’s tired of getting up every morning at 315!!! He’s had those hours for about half of his 15 years in! Hopefully he gets regular hours at our next duty station!!! On a side note….Ed curses me regularly about him being stuck at the Academy. When he was in Iraq it was going to be time to rotate to a new duty about the time he was getting back. We were e-mailing back and forth and I had said something about not wanting to leave the island. He said, “Well, if ya can find me a job, than we can stay.” I had no idea he was joking about that……needless to say a friend of ours who was at the Academy and getting ready to rotate back to Legune said something about the Academy being shorthanded. Well, I said, “Wow, can Ed get up there when he gets back?” This friend knows Ed and they were on the Drill Field together told me to give him Ed’s social and he would check to see if he was qualified to work there. I knew Ed was qualified so gave him Ed’s info and WAHLA!!! Ed was a shoe in and started getting e-mails from the Academy. He e-mails me to ask what the h-e-double hockey sticks is going on?!?!?! (He didn’t say hockey sticks, that’s me…) I told him he said if I could find him a job than we could stay! He tells me he was joking!!! He also tells me he has a friend who was trying to get him to Legune to be an Instructor at that Academy. I said “Oh” and then reminded him that if he took this Academy on Oki we would still get paid KOLA, so more money for the same job and not have to have the kids start over again…….he begrudgingly took the Oki orders but curses me when the work day is uuhhg and every morning when the alarm clock goes off! LOL!

No comments: