Saturday, January 17, 2009

Moving & Pets, UUHHHGGG!!!!!


Just a few dilemmas involved with moving across an ocean with furry members of the family….first, I’ve already discovered what the hardest part of this PCS is gonna be…..saying goodbye to my dog. I’ve already cried and will probably cry every time I think about having to leave my Biscuit behind. He’s a Big Head English Bull Dog and due to his smashed face he is not allowed to fly after May 31st. Sooo, I will need to find him a home. He’s my constant shadow, best friend, shrink, and he never gets mad at me or yells at me. I do NO wrong in his eyes and I get to feel like a super hero every time I walk in the door! He adores me and I really don’t think anyone has ever loved me as much as he does! Ha! PMO said he could come live at the shack. It’s open 24/7, so there would always be MP’s there…….i might let him live there if I don’t find the perfect home for him. He’s a special dog and will really need someone who wants to love him for him as he isn’t a pretty dog, but he is just gorgeous in my eyes!
Next, the feline, Tank. He gets to come with us! Yay! Although, he is NOT gonna be happy about his travel arrangements! He is an outdoor hunting cat and will be confined to a little kennel slid under one our airplane seats. He might be doing his version of howling and driving the other passengers insane! I keep looking at him as he walks the neighborhood, his hunting grounds, and can’t help but wonder how he is going to do in our new location. He was born on this island and that is all he knows. He is going to be VERY mad about having to be an indoor cat for awhile. He throws a fit when we lock him in when typhoons are going over us. He insists on going outside to go potty, even during 120 mph winds! It’s funny to watch him, he looks super skinny when he walks against the wind digging his claws into the ground with each step forward and then he looks like a huge fur ball when he going with the wind walking back to the house, or actually being blown back to the house. He just isn’t going to do well locked in on a nice day as we travel and get settled…..
The fish, well not so much a problem now…..i had just recently moved furniture around and somehow the oxygen line had come too far out of the tank and so my fish, well ooops, I did it again! I killed them all, even the eel, well the hermit crabs survived. I’ve boiled one batch of fish and suffocated another….i was just starting to build up the fish tank again, salt water fish are VERY expensive, when my tank began to leak. I was keeping it somewhat unnoticed to Ed, but than one morning, well, when I came down, it was all emptied out back………….and only my lone Nemo had survived. I quickly set up the little tank in the kitchen for Nemo, got the salt mixture right and put him in there but realized I had no way to put air in there, so I would periodically get a straw and blow bubbles in there. Yes, this was driving Ed insane, but finally got a little air hose and he has oxygen now, just have to find someone with a salt water tank to give him to before June!
Snickers, the hamster………..well, I figured it would be easy to give away a hamster….but man, just as we get orders I notice he has some sort of growth coming up just under his ear. It doesn’t seem to bother him and he is still a sweet heart when I hold him, so he isn’t biting or anything, but how do you give away a hamster with an obvious health condition?!!! UUHHHGGG! Ed says he will take care of Snickers, NOT!!!! Soo, might just take him to be put to sleep if I can’t find anyone that wants a hamster apparently dying…………wonder what that will cost. The last hamster I had put to sleep cost $10, but that was in America……it is $350 to have a cat put to sleep as you also have to pay for the cremation here too…..wonder if they cremate hamsters…..might end up having to find out…..
Huuummmmm………..wish we could stay here three more years!!! Ha!

2 comments:

Slattery's said...

So can you explain why the dog can't go with you because of his face? Shelbylyn's hampster just died..it too had a growth, and she died pretty quickly after we noticed the lump so perhaps you will be having a funeral sooner than later.

Kelli said...

can you send biscut to me before 31 May? I'll totally keep him for you! Or is it unsafe for him to fly? DID YOU GET ORDERS????
Are you coming here? let me know the scoop. We are always an option!