Thursday, January 15, 2009

Coming To America!

Coming To America!
It’s official!!! We have orders! The Okicrew is leaving Asia and coming to America!!! Drum roll please!!! TATATATATATATATATATA or is it DADADADADADADADADA, hummm, not sure what to use to make a drun roll sound……? soo easily distracted! Yes, orders! The next Marine Corps base to claim us is Lejeune, North Carolina!!! For the record, I had absolutely nothing to do with this next assignment! No phone calls, no cashing in favors, batting of eyes, or little hints to the right people…..those that know how we got three more oki years no why I am making this totally clear! LOL! We are excited! We have only ever done the West Coast and Asia in this Gun Club and we are just totally yippeee to be going to the other side of America!!! Ed will be with CLB2-Combat Logistics Battalion. He is thrilled to be back in the deployment sector and ecstatic that next trip to the desert will NOT be as an IA!!! He gets to go Battalion style! We already have friends in Legune so the kids will get to catch up with their buddies that packed out last year! We’ve got the Kirwan’s in Havelock and friends in Georgia and Florida! Kelli, you can start looking for a house in your neighborhood as long as you are STILL gonna be there and it has to be a REALLY good deal for Ed to make that commute! Otherwise, we’ll just be a doing a lot of zipping back and forth! (Do you think that small of an area can handle the two of us? Maybe we should be more worried about Vicki & Rebekah that close together! We used to joke we couldn’t be at the same duty station when they were teen agers…..) LOL! I still can’t believe we know this far out, last time we got orders this far out they were changed with a two week notice to go from San Diego to Okinawa! I’m just going to keep my fingers crossed that it stays East Coast. They can change us to any base, just as long as it is along the Atlantic Ocean!!! I’m really going to miss this little rock and will probably go thru some pretty heavy island withdrawals. Not sure how that will be to not see the ocean every time I leave my house….Kelli, start growing me a palm tree!!! I’ll probably fall into a depressive state once we get settled and the last picture is hung…………….but for now, just a ton of stuff to do!! Wow! America!! Everything in English!!! All my Lejeune/Cherry Point friends, ya need to start letting me know about cell phone carriers, internet, cable, all that stuff!!! Things are sooo different now than what they were in 2003!!! LOL!!! Ty and Ryan are in for a huge adjustment! They have always thought of America as a foreign country and think they are Okinawan. It will be humorous for my little island dwelling monkeys! Oh wow, I’ll be driving on the right side of the road again! Stay clear of me, I’ll be dangerous!!! JK!!! Hopefully we will see all of ya this summer as we make our way from Okinawa to North Carolina! We need to be there NLT July 2nd! UUHG! Wanted a report date a little later in the summer! Wanted a little more time to visit family! Well, we will be easier to visit now that we will be stateside, HINT HINT!!! I asked Ed to ask the Monitor if it could be pushed back a smudge, but I guess they deploy pretty quick and he needs to be there in time for the work ups, that start I think a week after we get there. He'll have to go to Mojave Viper again and i think that is in August.....And, I did promise to NOT try to manipulate this next duty to fit my simple needs. Ha! Guess I know where my 41st birthday is gonna be!!! Make me a cake Kelli!!! 39 candles please!!!

1 comment:

Carrie Stuart said...

WAAHHH! (Somebody call the Wahmbulance!) You can't be leaving already! I just got here, for crying out loud! Who's going to do crazy things with me?