Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Good Bye to The Kitchen Drawer?

The kids keep asking all kinds of questions about our new house. Kinda hard to answer a lot of them being that we don’t even know what town we are going to live in next. Ryan asked if we would still have the neighborhood snack drawer at our next house. I’ll have to think about that one, I hadn’t even really considered it…….I have a bottom drawer in the kitchen that all the neighborhood kids know about. I throw in granola bars, cheese/peanut butter crackers, gum, all that kind of stuff. Kids know they can always come and grab something out of that drawer. I started it back when Ed was in Iraq. It seemed like someone was always asking for something to eat and I was just tired of making endless PB&J sandwiches and stuff, so I started the neighborhood snack drawer. I’m thinking that maybe we will say good bye to that one at our new house. I think I just might be a meanie and send kids home when they are hungry or they can just make their own food but have to clean up the mess…………

No comments: