Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ice Castles


Just another fun little blast from the past! Isn’t it the best when you stumble upon something (enjoyable) from your earlier years? Even better when it only costs 5 bucks! I was wandering thru the DVD section at the PX and like, wow, I found the movie Ice Castles! I bought it. It came out in 1978, I was 10, but I didn’t see it until I was 12. It is one of my favorite movies from way back then. It’s one of those movies that made me wish for a split second that my parents had put me on ice skates instead of throwing me in a swimming pool. But, it was only for a split second, I basically lived in a swimming pool back then with all my training, my nickname was poolia. I watched it a few days ago. It was filmed awhile ago, so a little on the corny side and funky styles, but still entertaining and I will keep it on my old movie favorites list. The closing line is still one of my favorites, “We forgot about the roses”. I used to use that line whenever something didn’t quite go right. That will make no sense to you if you haven’t seen the movie! Yes, I have always been and will forever be a dork! The theme song, Looking Thru The Eyes Of Love, is still one of my favorite songs. I couldn’t wait for the sheet music to come out so I could buy it and learn it on the piano! It took awhile, not like today where I just click a few buttons on the computer and it shoots the pages out of my printer! I kept checking the music store, I did a lot of walking! Ha! It finally came in! I still have that original piece of music, might be the only thing I have from back then! You can still see the puncture marks from my cat who was attacking it one day, the notes I added to it, and the edges are pretty torn and it is taped in a few places……but as long as I can read the notes, it’s good. Just a fun moment from the past relived in the present.

2 comments:

Carrie Stuart said...

Pleeeeze, don't let this feeling ehhhnd! It's everything I AM...

You have to let me come over and watch this as soon as I'm well!

Julia...I can see what's mine now...since I found YOOOOUU...looking throooough the eye-eyhs of LOOOOVE!

Living in oblivion said...

I know!!! I'll try to remember to send it w Vicki tonight for YW. Forgot how much cussing was in it! Thought todays movies were bad but this was back in 78! LOL!