Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snack Drawer Prayer



I bought this old beat up looking kinda funky Chinese piece of furniture. I like different things, don’t think I would do well waking up every day to a matching house….but anyways, it has kinda turned into a vending machine. The bottom four drawers are the kids snack drawers. They each know which drawer is theirs and they are pretty good at not stealing snacks from each other. Trading and bartering go on, but not much stealing, unless Dad opens one up in his sleep walking state……..I usually put their snacks in there to last the week. It is their choice if they want to eat them all in one day or make it last for the week. Ryan often eats his all at once. I came into the dining room one day and there was Ryan, on his knees, in front of his snack drawer. He was praying that snacks would appear in his empty drawer. I knew it was going to be empty when he opened it and kinda worried for a split second if his faith in God would be altered by an empty drawer…………he opened the drawer, found it empty and said, “maybe next time, okay?” I slipped back around the corner before he got up so he wouldn’t see me. So, yes, I try really hard to keep atleast one thing in Ryan’s snack drawer at all times!

No comments: