Tuesday, March 17, 2009

After Dinner Run


I’m not sure who is more frustrated with this gradual weight gain I’ve encountered the last couple of years, me or Ed. I think Ed is about ready to tie me to his jeep and run me to the ground! He has offered to PT me, but he is a Marine, runs every day, and does some wicked PT sessions with his Marines. Mondays start with a 6 minute one mile sprint, 100 pull ups, 100 push ups, 300 air squats, and sprint another mile. I think that is the easiest day of the week, so won’t go into the rest of the week with the hills and rifle PT and all that other insane stuff since I already know I can’t get thru Monday. My mile will NEVER be 6 minutes again, only got 10 pull ups, but had to do them in increments, not 10 at once, let alone 100, the pushups, yes can do them in sets of 10, and 300 air squats, WHATEVER! I might not ever be able to walk again if I tried that. So, I told him to just run my route with me so I could see if I could run it faster with him running with me. So, after dinner the other night Ed and I go for a run. I am wondering if my run time will drop running with him. We leave and of course he is mister fast guy. He also just got his new running shoes in the mail. He says they are awesome. Maybe i'll try those next time i buy a new pair.... He is 6 ft 4 and I am 5 ft 3, so even when I am in my best of running performance, he can still out stride me any day! We’ve got our Ipods on, it’s a little after 5, full sun, so probably in the 80’s and the humidity is probably only about 90-92%. So, can’t make excuses for the weather, it wasn’t bad, but, still, it was hot. I am doing fine. He is a distant image of blue and black. He periodically would run back towards me and then turn and again become a distant form of blue and black. We get to the half way mark where I turn around and come home and guess what? The husband decides to take off and take me on a further run! I follow him as we begin going down this long hill. I’m not mad at the moment I’m just not sure where and how far this run is going to be and now that we are going down, down, down, there is going to be some serious uphill jogging coming along down the road! UUHG! He turns as we get close to the bottom and now we are running flat land. Oh, and running like Phoebe from Friends does not make you run faster, well it makes Ed run faster! Whenever he sees me pull a Phoebe he bolts as far ahead of me as possible! LOL I tried to pick up my pace to somewhat catch up with him, but I started to feel like I was going to throw up. I ate spaghetti for dinner. I also had my sauce on it, not the regular just meat sauce the kids use, but my sauce, with the sautéed onions, mushrooms, olives, grated zucchini and carrots! Delicious, but totally gross coming back up! Noodles are like always gross to throw up ‘cause like they get stuck in your throat and you just aren’t sure if you will get it out or have to re-swallow and re-gag up, I am getting grossed out just typing this! Yeah, I totally stayed away from noodles when I was pregnant! So, he is just the distant image of blue and black. I catch up with him on the turn to begin the jog up the hill. I flip thru songs on my iPod hoping to find the right ones to get me up the hill. Ed and I do not have a song, but right now Joan Jett’s I Hate Myself For Loving You is sounding pretty good! LOL He runs the hill! I jog it. He waits for me at the top. We then head back on the home stretch. I haven’t stopped yet and don’t plan on it, just one foot in front of the other in my steady jogging pace. We finally get home. He tells me my time. We get in his jeep to go clock our run. It is a mile longer than my normal run and only took me 10 minutes longer. Not bad with that giant hill! Atleast now I know I can start running that route. I can now run further without stopping! YAY! Ed said that was why he had taken me on that run, so it would prove to me that I was ready to add another mile to my run. He said I had been running the same distance for toooo long and that I need to learn to push myself more. Thanks Hubby!

No comments: