Thursday, March 5, 2009

I Would Have Wanted One Of These!

Do you ever buy toys for your kids because secretly you just think it is sooo cool and you would have loved to have had it when you were a kid? I do. I just recently got Thing One & Thing Two these really cool looking watches, except they aren’t watches. They have this like dome cover made of a strong mesh so you can catch a bug and put inside and carry it around with you! I would have sooo loved to have had that as a kid! Actually I still would wear it if the wrist band was bigger! Wouldn't that be fun to have like a lady bug hang out with you all day? Well, maybe not for the lady bug... It would have made my bee capturing a little easier, but it might have been too obvious….in grade school I used to let bees loose in my classroom. When the bell would ring after lunch recess I would step on bees to stun them and then pick them up by their wings and roll them in the white powder on the field. There was an abundance of these white flowers that grew out there and I would pick them, hide the now white bees in the white flowers and give them to my teacher. The bees would become conscious and after the dizziness wore off they would start flying around the room and we would all go out to the playground for an impromptu recess while the bees were killed or shood outta the classroom. I was never caught and I’m thinking with the bug catcher on my wrist…..yeah, that just wouldn’t have worked….i probably would have had to make sure to just have Lady Bugs or Rolly Polly’s in there………….or maybe never wear it to school…………but I really would have loved to have had one of those as a kid!

No comments: