Saturday, March 28, 2009

Last Minute Project



Why do the kids always seem to forget to tell me that they need to MAKE a project until the night before it is due?!!! UHG! Ty had to do a report on the Bushwacker Snake. No biggie, that was easy. But, at 7 o’clock the night before it is due he tells me he forgot to tell me that he actually needs to make a snake as well! Soooo, the mad dash begins! It’s even MORE frustrating when it is something that we could have made really cool if we had had the time!!! I would have used one of our potted trees and had Ty make a huge snake and would have wound it thru all the branches and stuff, 'cause this is a really big snake! Soooo, instead, I rounded up all the clay in the house, not much as we are moving and I have been getting rid of everything, NOT replenishing once gone! Ty used several colors of clay to begin making his snake and I jetted out to the PX to see if I could find brown spray paint. Found some, got home, Ty was done making his snake. Went to paint it and wow, wouldn’t you know…..the spray thing doesn’t work! UHG! Go back to PX, return defective can, re-buy a different brand. I sprayed it in the trash can in the PX before I left to make sure it worked. It worked and people stared. Whatever! Get back home, we paint snake and leave to dry. First thing in the morning we add black markings to snake and build a quick environment. We break off branches and leaves from my plants, we’re moving, I can kill my plants. Ty has fun with the glue gun. I find some of their creepy critters and we add to his plate of stuff. Whala, the project is done and we are all out the door at 7:05 am. I finish packing my back pack, Ty comes running home as I am leaving. He forgot his project! I guess I can see why he forgot he had to make a snake since he forgot to TAKE the snake before the glue had even dried!!! He gets that from me, so I can’t get toooo mad at him! LOL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know your pain! Cory has done this to me several times!! GRRR!!! I think it turned out great!! Awesome job mom! :)

Jared and Adrianne Blake said...

Good job mom! Loved the part about spraying paint into the PX trash can and the fact that you can kill your trees since you are moving. Did Ty get an "A"?

Melanie said...

You are a super mom! Next time I buy spray paint I'm checking to see if it works before leaving the store just so people can stare. You rock!