Friday, March 6, 2009

Sleeves Up? Already? No!!!!

I looked on the calendar and saw the squiggly face on Sunday and the frowning face for Monday. That means sleeves go up, desert cammies come out, and jungles go to the back of the closet. I don’t understand the whole desert cammie thing on a tropical island though….you think it would be greens 365 days a year here…..But, anyways, it’s a double edge sword…..when the jungles come out, than it is the dreaded matching game, almost always impossible to find a match! It was ugly last year when Ed had out all the jungle ones and was having me try to match them up. I matched them all up, but he said I had done it all wrong, there was some yelling and screaming, which I really don’t think is fair since I am NOT the Marine and I never yell back, but it is just a once a year thing, so I can deal with it. The jungle cammies moved out to the front walk way so I could try matching in regular light, still to no success, he said they still didn’t match. (The frustrating thing is, is that the cammies have been numbered inside, you can still see the numbers written in there with the laundry marker so you can tell which ones match up, but for some reason they just DON’T match anymore!!!) So, he ended up bagging them all up to throw away and headed to the uniform store to buy new ones. Whatever! But, than the uniform store of course doesn’t have any that match, so there were several sets of cammies laying on the floor of the store while Ed was trying to find a matching pair. I just sat back and offered no assistance, I was in my failure zone, and Ty and Ry finally laid down at the end of the aisle to wait. He found a set that would do and later found a few more sets up at Hansen. It’s like 2 different companies make them since the tops and bottoms never quite match up, or maybe they send all the reject ones to Okinawa….the desert cammies match much better, BUT, this means that it is time to roll the sleeves! I HATE THIS!!! It is my job to determine if Ed’s sleeves match when he puts on his blouse. I don’t have a critical eye, so uhg! But, I guess I do a good enough job, because, 13 years later he still has me check his sleeves. That’s the easy part, this is the hard part…..TAKING OFF THE FRICKIN BLOUSE!!! I always tell him to do NO weight lifting during sleeves up time ‘cause I just break WAAAAAAY too many nails trying to pull off his flippin’ blouse! He’s gotten better about NOT cursing me to pieces when I can’t get his blouse off fast enough and his arms are feeling numb! I told him last year that I would NOT pull his sleeves off anymore if he’s gonna say mean things. LOL! So, we’ll see how he does this year. He has promised to be nice……which is good, because he is still lifting weights! Sooo, now we have the matching cammies but have to be harassed by rolled sleeves! It will begin Sunday evening……… UUHHHGGG! Just another day in the life of a marine wife…………love the adventure but hate the uniform! But, then again, he looks soooo good in his cammies!!! I guess it is all worth it.

No comments: