Sunday, March 15, 2009

Freeing Nemo

March 8, 2009
My big salt water tank died a little bit ago. I blogged about the misfortune of all my fish back when that happened. Nemo was the only survivor. He’s been hanging out in the kitchen in the little tank I set up for him while I tried to find him a home. Ed kept wanting to just flush him, but I just can’t do it. Oh, and just so you know, NEVER EVER flush a Puffer fish, no matter how many expensive fish it has eaten, they puff as they swirl and they just don’t go down! Totally gross to pop as well, you need a full raincoat on, but that is another story….. So, today was the day I decided to take him to the sea wall and set him free. I scooped him out and put him in a throw away cup that had a lid. Jorden actually thought I had a hot chocolate in my hand as we drove to the ocean. We have had some wicked weather over the last couple of days and so the waves were crashing, surfers were in the water, and there were big ole crabs running everywhere along the jacks! YUCK! Those things freak me out! They look like giant spiders, and I HATE spiders! I watched that movie Arachnophobia sitting on the middle of my dining room table ‘cause it was the only smooth surface NOT on the floor! So, Ed and Vicki took the “Cup A Nemo” out on the jacks. I told Ed to pour him softly into the ocean. Ed pretended to drink him, Jorden offered some nice farewell words, and then Nemo went flying high before he hit water. I hope he didn’t die on entry!

No comments: